Change the world

  • Applications for financial assistance from funds provided or administered by Nelson Mandela University must be made on applications forms obtained from either the Department for Research Capacity Development (for master’s and doctoral study) or from the Financial Aid Office (for honours or BTech study).
  • Forms and applications for bursaries and scholarships offered by external sources such as companies, trusts and foundations, must be obtained and directed to their funding offices.
  • Students can obtain bursary booklets listing such independent funding opportunities from both the offices of Financial Aid and Research Capacity Development.
  • Applications should be made in the year prior to the studies for which the bursary is required, by the closing date supplied by the institution or external organisation, donors or trustees.